- Lunar Energy
- Water Connection
- Goddess Energy
- Divine Feminine Energy
Moonstone, as the name implies, helps you tap into lunar energy and feminine qualities as the crystal is associated with the Moon, which also rules emotions.
Moonstone is a feldspar mineral specifically made up of orthoclase and albite. Other crystals in the feldspar group include:
This mineral comes from Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India, Brazil, Madagascar, Australia, and also the U.S. In some deposits, moonstone commonly grows alongside black tourmaline (and less commonly alongside smokey quartz). Hence, when you sometimes see black You’ll often see this show up in spheres or palm stones, but the higher quality gemstones used in jewelry usually don’t have these inclusions.
Types of Moonstone
Besides the rainbow variety (being the most popular) other varieties include black, peach, white, gray, brown, and colorless. These all have slightly different energies, but as a general rule, they all maintain the feminine lunar qualities.
Here’s a brief list of the different types of moonstone and their primary metaphysical properties:
- Rainbow – Divine Feminine Energy and Intuition
- Peach – Nurturing and Mothering
- Brown, Gray, White – Lunar energies and emotions; gray moonstone is often referred to as “Black Moonstone”
- Colorless – Usually has a white flash; invites in awakening and connection to Source Energy and your Higher Self Chakras
- The white and rainbow varieties are often associated with the third eye and crown chakras and have the vibrational frequencies of white and rainbow prism energy associated with the upper chakras.
- Moonstone is also used to balance the Sacral Chakra – and in this way, the peach variety works amazingly well!
Colorless moonstone is ideal for working with the Crown chakra and the higher transpersonal chakras.
- Balance with Moonstone
- As the seasons change and the wheel of the year turns, I like to mark special days like the Spring and Autumn Equinox, Summer Solstice, and Winter Solstice.
My go-to pair for working with balancing equinox energies is Moonstone and Sunstone.
This combo is great for bringing in balance and harmony.
Why these stones?
Sunstone is all about solar, enlightened male energy.
And we’ve looked at how this crystal is just the opposite: lunar, enlightened female, intuitive energy.
With these two energies working together, it is only natural to find the balance of Yin and Yang, Solar and Lunar, Sun and Moon. The vibrational frequencies of these stones are PERFECT for reminding us to stay balanced in all aspects of our lives.